No fear of high mountains
Even if you have never tried skiing before, you will love the slopes of Obertauern immediately. This is not only because of the almost unlimited range of ski courses on offers for every level and every age group. 95 kilometres of perfectly prepared slopes and trails also offer beginners ample opportunity for exceptional skiing fun. Nobody stays a beginner for long! Endless car rides to the slope? Crowded ski buses? Stress during your family holiday? Forget it! Sit back and relax on the chairlift right next to your hotel! Your children will in the meantime be in good hands: in one of the many ski or snowboard schools, with the professional child-care at the hotel, with the childcare in the Kinderland Obertauern or at the Ski-Preschool for kids from 3 to 4 years of age.
Our offers for kids & teens during the whole winter season:
- Free skiing for kids up to 5 years of age
- Bibo bear family-skipark: Three different slopes offer various possibilities for beginners and advanced skiers. Children learn from local animals important rules for skiing, concentration and orientation on the slopes aswell as many other important basics.
- Treasure hunt for kids (during certain school holiday weeks)
- Avalanche safety training, Airboarding, Telemarking, Ice climbing
- Freestyle-and Freeride-College and Lessons
- Toboggan runs, Horse-drawn sleigh rides, Ice skating, and much more
Children's ski-& snowboardschoolsPhonenumberWebsiteMap
Centrally situated, in the sports- and fashion house Freudenhaus with ski rental, ski service and banking facilities – compared with the Lürzer Alm
Opening times: daily from 9:00 o'clock