Austrias largest treasure hunt
On 18 April 2020, Obertauern is staging the probably funniest and largest treasure hunt in Austria for the thirteenth time. This unique event is one of the biggest winter highlights every year at the resort.
Where else can you live a gold-digger's dream as you scrape through the snow in the midst of the Alps, to the sound of music, with a magnificent view – and win a luxurious BMW.
A total of 30 chests are hidden – all of them containing prizes, and all of them exciting reasons to participate in the quest. The car from BMW is the first prize, obviously. But there are 29 other treats for ambitious diggers, including non-cash prizes and travel vouchers.
Gamsleiten 2 – one of the steepest ski slopes in Europe and Obertauern's unofficial landmark – is where the search party will rummage its way through the snow on 18 April 2020.
And don't worry – on the morning after the event, the Gamsleiten piste will already be perfectly groomed, just like all the other 100 km of slopes in springlike Obertauern, guaranteeing top conditions even in April.
Tickets: € 50,-
Get your tickets now at www.obertauern-tickets.com or at the Tourist Office Obertauern! (There is only a limited number of tickets available)
You need to exchange your ticket for a starting number at the drawing of these starting numbers on April 17, 2020.
TIMES AND DATES
April 17: 8pm - midnight
- Registration & drawing of starting numbers at the Gamsleiten-Party
- 8:00 pm Ö3 Disco at the Gamsleiten Kriterium hosted by an Ö3-DJ
April 18: Treasure hunt
- 10:00 am Meeting point at the valley station of the Gamsleiten 2 ski lift
- 10:30 am START of the treasure hunt – participants may enter the area in accordance with their starting number (the lower the starting number, the earlier you start)
- 1:00 pm END of the treasure hunt
- 3:30 pm Opening of the treasure chests at the Gamsleiten parking area
- Afterwards join our big Gamsleiten-Party with the "Sumpfkröten"