The wildlife and leisure park in Untertauern is an excursion destination in Salzburger Land. The park extends over a full 11 hectares and is home to 40 wild animals, which live in open enclosures. Impressive encounters with stags, deer, geese, ponies and mouflons are therefore part and parcel of a visit. Unforgettable – for young and old alike. Connected directly with the wildlife park, the leisure park is also a place where all the family can go for free in the summer.
Children in particular can look forward to an adventure land in Untertauern. There is a fish pond, a stilt house, a large playground with a Tarzan ropeway and toy digger, as well as a petting zoo. A variety of different young animals ‘live’ there, such as hares, chickens, ducks, beavers, goats and llamas.
At its own bathing lake, developed in 2003, you get to relax afterwards. For all those of you who are visiting the leisure park in Untertauern for the first time, a trip on the excursion train is recommended. This gives you a quick overview of the park and you get to see the exciting attractions.
- Wildlife enclosures with red deer and fallow deer, mouflons
- Petting enclosure with goats, miniature donkeys, hares, guinea pigs, mini-pigs etc.
- Large children’s play area Beach volleyball area, football pitch and tennis court
- Access to the Taurachtal cycle trail
- Circular route through the Taurach gorge
- Bathing lake with loungers
- Asphalt curling rink
- Fürstenbrunn fishing pond (fishing for everyone; row boats and pedalos)